I’m generally not one to have or keep new years resolutions. I feel like goals are always important to have throughout the year. People tend to forget about the ones they make for the new year by Feb 1st.
I love setting goals and challenging myself. I’m my biggest competitor and I always try to improve in areas that I might be lacking. So I came up with a little list of things I want to improve on, and I thought I would share it with you!
1. Drink more water: This might seem like a silly one, but it’s something I’m horrible at. Water does the body so good, and I just find my self struggling to drink 3 to 4 glasses a day. I need a little reminder on my phone to tell me to drink water every hour or something! (Someone please tell me there’s an app for that)
2. Setting aside time for ME: I need to start taking a day out of the week and have absolutely nothing on my agenda. I need a day to myself with nothing super important to do. I can’t remember the last time I woke up without the help of an alarm, and just sat in bed with a cup of coffee, watching horrible reality tv all day. I tend to be more of an introvert. So without time to myself, I tend to get a bit overwhelmed and grumpy.
3. Communication: I mean this in every sense of the word. I suck at answering emails, texts, & phone calls in any sort of timely fashion. I’m also horrible about letting people know how I feel. I can tell it like it is, and I don’t hide what I think very much. Yet, when it comes to my feelings I tend to throw up a wall and shut down. So communication in general needs some improvement.
4. Read more: I love reading and always forget how much I love reading. I buy books off amazon all the time and shove them on the shelf. I get so occupied with my phone, computer, tv shows and other things I “should” be doing.. Reading always gets thrown on the back burner. My goal is to turn everything off an hour or so before bed each night and read!
5. Consistency with this ol’ blog: This blog of mine always seems to take the first hit when things get busy in my life. My goal is to build up some content on drafts, so in the event where I can’t post, I’ll always have something to put up. I would also like to start posting twice a week. I need to get better at being active on social media consistently as well. A work in progress, my friends!
2015 was an awesome year! Let’s hope 2016 is even better.
What are your NY resolutions? I always love to hear everyone’s resolutions.