I will be turning the big 2-7 in a weeks time. This birthday doesn’t seem to bother me as much as the thought of turning 28 next year.. I’ve actually been unintentionally telling people I’m 27 for about 4 months now. I’ve really been trying hard not to focus on age and getting “older”. I’ve made an attempt to really enjoy each year and get the most out of it. In 25 years I’m sure I’ll look back and roll my eyes at how I used to think 27 was “old”.
So that’s where todays post came from. The older we get, the wiser we get. I thought it would be interesting to share what I’ve learned thus far!
So here’s 27 things I’ve learned the past 27 years..
1. How to (properly) do makeup.
2. Everyone and everything has a purpose (sometimes good, sometimes bad.)
3. Loving yourself is harder than loving anyone else, buts its most important.
4. Being friends with your ex is never a good idea..
5. My gut instinct and intuition is ALWAYS right!
6. Tequila is NOT my friend.
7. Netflix trumps a night out.
8. Say what you mean & mean what you say.
9. Stop looking for love, let love find you.
10. It’s okay to break up with a friendship that’s no longer serving its purpose.
11. Cooking, cleaning, and wine is the cheapest therapy for me.
12. Recovering from a night out is no longer worth the night out.
13. Save & Invest your money (And no, makeup is not considered an investment ?)
14. Karma is SO real and SO awesome.
15. The laundry does not put itself away (Still trying to make this happen)
16. Put the damn sunscreen on (SPF 3 does NOT count)
17. Don’t stress about things that are out of your control.
18. All things in moderation, balance is key. (Eat the damn hamburger, and enjoy it! You can work it off tomorrow..)
19. Working out is now mandatory, not a choice.
20. Traveling holds more value than any possessions.
21. It’s okay to make mistakes, just as long as you don’t keep making the same ones.
22. Beyoncé is the Queen of life.
23. People are going to hurt you. Cry yourself to sleep, put your big girl pants on and then MOVE ON.
24. In Florida, there is such a thing as knee sweat. (Yes, KNEE)
25. 2 a.m texts are never a good thing..
26. Shaving my legs isn’t as cool as I once thought it would be.
27. Do you and be your own person.
Because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind!
These are all things I’ve learned, but that doesn’t mean I’ve mastered them. Growing older, is growing wiser. Can’t wait to see what kind of things i’ll have learned in the next 27 years! ?
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Talk to you soon.