Hey everyone! Happy 4th of July. Hope you all are having a fun weekend with your family & friends.
I’ve been going like crazy the past few weeks, so its nice to have a couple days off. I was able to get some stuff done yesterday and go get a mani/pedi (which was way overdue) Then ended the day with a nice dinner with my grandma. But before I go enjoy my 4th, I figured I would post about my June Favorites.
My monthly favorites will mostly consist of beauty related products, but every now and then I may throw a random lifestyle favorite in the mix as well.
So without further ado, here’s my June favs!
1.Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer:($6.99) This little guy has been sitting in my makeup collection forever. I’ve been trying it out the past month or so and i’ve really been loving it. It’s pretty much your standard silicone based primer. This primer reminds me a lot of smash box original photo finish primer, except it’s a fraction of the price! I tend to be more on the oily side, so as far as oil control with this it’s not the greatest..But as long as I set my face with a powder, it does pretty good throughout the day. The claims on this product isn’t for oil control though, its geared more towards being able to blur lines, pores, wrinkles, and any imperfections, which it does do! This stuff is awesome and has become a staple in my collection. I plan on doing a post dedicated to face primers, so stay tuned for that one.
2.Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream:($72) If you read my last post, you’ll know that i’ve really been trying to step up my skincare game. I’ve been more willing to splurge on things that will do the job! I did my research on this product before purchasing this (due to the price tag) and heard nothing but great things about it. So when they had they’re 20% off friends and family event, I took the plunge and bought it. I’ve been using it for over a month and LOVE it. I have always had deep creases under my eyes. I remember even as a teenager being self conscious about them. It’s just a hereditary thing that most people can’t even notice, but I do. So i’m always on the search for eye creams that can de-puff, smooth, and camouflage my creases as much as possible. This one has done an amazing job. Its a VERY thick consistency, but the directions specifically tell you to take your fingers and rub them together before applying the product to your under eye. I put this on at night, and in the morning before applying my makeup (it will take a couple minutes to dry) and it really does make my makeup apply much smoother. If you have any pesky lines under your eyes or crows feet, I highly recommend this product!
3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation:($5.99) First off, I didn’t even realize this foundation was so cheap?! I don’t know if this is a sale price, or what, but holy man thats a great price for such a great product. Foundation is something I rarely ever splurge on. I’m fairly content with all the drugstore foundations out there, and I don’t have super sensitive skin, so I just prefer most drugstore brands as opposed to high end. This is another new found love for me. I’ve been trying it the past month, non stop, and I just love it. It’s medium coverage, but it’s also very buildable. It doesn’t look like I’m wearing a heavy layer of foundation, it just looks like my skin but better. It leaves my face oil free all day long, and the color selection is awesome. All around win, go get chu some!
4. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara and Eye Lash Curler:($18) I know I’ve said in past posts that I prefer drugstore brand mascaras, but this one is an exception! I received this mascara in a sample size and loved it so much that I had to buy the larger one. If you buy the lash curler, it comes with a sample size of the mascara (double win). I was a little hesitant to buy the lash curler, but I just kept hearing awesome things about it, so I caved and bought it (shocker). To my surprise, it turned out that it lived up to its hype! It does a great job of not only curling your lashing but keeping them curled. So pairing the lash curler with the mascara was a complete game changer! The mascara seperates your lashes, gives volume, & the formula isn’t super wet or super dry, it’s just perfection. Do yourself a favor and go get it..
5. Where are my netflix junkies at?! Okay, so I know this favorite is a little off topic from my usual beauty products but its a legit favorite of the month. I have been non stop watching season 11 of Grey’s Anatomy, and binge watching Friends. Can’t stop, Won’t stop, the addiction is real! What are your favorite Netflix shows? Let me know, because when I’m done with Grey’s, i’ll be having some serious show withdrawals. I’ll need something new to get into!
6. Big Sexy Hair Volume Dry Shampoo: ($10-$12) What did we ever do before dry shampoo?! The thought of washing my hair everyday makes me cringe. I plan to do a post strictly dedicated to my favorite dry shampoos. I’ve been testing some out, so if you have a favorite let me know. This particular dry shampoo I love for different reasons. This stuff actually gives my hair a clean yet dirty feel, if that makes any sense. It gives my hair some texture and lift at the root. When my hair is super clean feeling, it is super lifeless. Which is why I love this product so much. It smells great and it really lets me do things with my hair. I use this after I curl my hair too. I just spray some at my roots and massage my head and it just gives such good lift and volume. This won’t be last time you hear about this product!
7. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Powder:($5.99) This goes hand and hand with the foundation I mentioned. Between the foundation and setting your face with this powder, you WILL stay matte the entire day. This also is great for travel or to throw in your purse, because the packaging comes with a mirror and a little puff to apply any touchups. Way to go, Maybelline.
Well that wraps up my June favorites. Let me know some of the things you’re loving this month!
Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July! Enjoy your weekend. Talk to you all soon!
Don’t forget to follow me on BlogLovin’