Where the heck have I been?! I feel like a stranger to my own blog..
What a crazy month it has been already! I hope you all are getting your shopping done. This is the second year in a row that I have planned a trip out-of-town around the holidays, and it always adds so much more stress to this time of year! I can’t complain though, because I am BEYOND excited to get my butt to NYC in 2 days!! We have a fun-filled 3 full days there, so I just can’t wait. I’m going to be in full on tourist mode! (Look for me on the Today’s show, Friday. I’ll be the obnoxious one waving my hands and sign around..)
After the holidays, my resolution is to commit time to not only myself, but this blog! I am promising myself to become more consistent and investing more time. My plan is to start drafting posts so I can get at least 2 up a week! New year, new goals..
With all of that jibber jabber aside, I wanted to get on here today and talk about my November Favs. I missed October favorites on purpose. I feel like monthly favorites get kinda redundant and boring. Is that just me? (Probably not since you’re reading this..) Any who, I’m back at it today with a good amount of favorites. So let’s do this!
- Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm- ($12) I’m not sure how I haven’t mentioned this earlier. To be honest, I didn’t realize how much I loved this stuff until I ran out of it. I received this in my ipsy bag MONTHS ago. I ran out a few weeks ago and had no idea where I could get more. So I just picked up some lip balm at Target to replace it.. hated it. Tried another one.. hated it. They would all slip and slide around on my lips. So I decided just to google where I could repurchase this stuff. It has a slightly minty smell, but it doesn’t feel minty on the lips (if that makes any sense, whatsoever.) It’s more of a gel consistency, but it doesn’t slide around on my lips. It’s thick enough to make my lips feels hydrated and to stay on for a while. Yet, it isn’t super tacky or pasty. If you have dry lips, give this guy a go.
- Laura Gellar Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator (Ballerina)- ($26) I have been on a highlighter kick lately (I also blame the beauty industry for my obsession). I swatched ‘gilded honey’ in Ulta and it was gorgeous, but a little too intense for my skin tone. So I swatched ‘ballerina’ and it was just pure perfection. I have honestly never seen a highlighter in such a unique color. It’s a very soft rose gold color that adds the perfect amount of color and sheen to the cheek bones. If you like a more natural highlight or a “lit from within” look, you will love this.
- Anastasia Brow Gel & Powder- ($22 & $23) I’ve been using the Brow Wiz for quite some time now, which I love. I just felt like it was making the front part of my brows look too harsh and drawn on. So I mainly use the Brow Wiz for the tail of my brows. I started using the powder and absolutely love it. I use the color ‘taupe’ and it matches my brows perfectly. I also wanted to try the brow gel because the tail end of my brows have a mind of their own.. The gel is amazing. I was worried it would saturate my brows with product and make them look wet. It always has the perfect amount of product on the spoolie and keeps my brows in place! I never thought in a million years I would have 3 different products just for my brows, but the days has come…
- Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil- ($38) This is something I got last year as a sample and feel in love with it. I never thought I would like oils for anything. In fact, the thought still makes me cringe. I have semi oily skin and the thought of putting oil anywhere on me, freaks me out. This little guy is awesome though. It doesn’t feel oily at all on the skin. You can use this as your daily moisturizer on your face. It has great anti aging properties. I also carry around a tiny bottle of it in my purse and will randomly put it on my cuticles during the day. When I first got it, I would put a few drops of it on my feet at night and put socks over it to help moisturize my feet. Your options are endless with this..
- Lorac Lip Gloss Collection- ($25) I picked this up with a coupon I had a Kohl’s about a month ago. First off, the value on this set is amazing! You get 6 of their full-sized lip glosses (normally $15 each). Plus the color range in the set is so practical and versatile. They give you everyday neutral colors, mauve color, some deeper red colors. The pigment is on point, and the formula is super glossy. My favorite color is ‘CEO’. Go pick one of these sets up for you and a friend, they make great gifts!
- Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask- ($92) Okay, so I’m still baffled by the price of this thing!! I got a deluxe sample of this a while ago and I’m just about out of it. I really wanted to buy more until just now $$$. We all know I’m a facial mask addict!! I’m gonna be completely honest and say that the main reason I liked this was the way it made my face feel while I had the mask on. I have no idea if it actually did anything to my skin. This mask gives a nice cooling effect on the skin which feels amazing.. It seems to me that the point of this mask is to hydrate. I generally don’t have issues with hydration, so for me to spend this kind of money just for a mask that ‘feels good’, just doesn’t seem logical.. But I will say that if you can get your hands on a sample of this, DO IT!
Well that wraps up my November favorites! I’ll be back next week with a recap of my trip to NYC. Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see pictures from my trip while I’m there!
Talk to you all soon!