Well hello there, friends!
Feels like I haven’t been on here in forever.. Does anyone else get tired of saying how busy they are? I know I do! Work, work, work, blog, work some more, then add some boring adult stuff in the mix (laundry, working out, cleaning.) By the time I feel caught up with everything, my week just repeats itself. Oh well! Such is life. I could have it a lot worse.
Any who! I wanted to come on here and talk about something I hate talking about. The products I DON’T like.. There’s a lot of products that I try, and just don’t like. I think it’s only fair to everyone that I give my honest opinions about products.
With all of that being said, I will say that this does not mean its a bad product. It just simply didn’t work for me. Theres been plenty of products that I’ve tried and loved, that others hated. So it’s all about what works for you. If you’ve been on the fence about something, just try it! Don’t let someones opinion sway your decision. Most places (like Sephora) have a great return policy.
So here we go…
DUN DUN DUN..
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- I can hear the gasping from here.. Please hear me out. This concealer WAS pigmented and it WAS creamy (the claims of this were on point). However, I mainly use concealer for my under eye area and I feel like this just did not work for that area. It fell into my fine lines and almost aged me in a way. It was also was very drying on my skin. I will say, I ended up using it all (I was not about to pay $28 for a concealer and not use it). I found ways to make it work. I used it to conceal my eye lids. This actually worked really great because of how drying it was. It concealed all my veins and blueish tones that I have on and around my eyes. It also worked great for the occasional blemish I would have pop up. This is just one of those products that I didn’t hate, but could find a lot better and cheaper alternative for.
- Pixi Glow Tonic- I’ve actually been waiting to post this specifically for this product. I’ve been trying this product out for almost a month now and I’m more than half way done with it. I wanted to give it a fair trial run before I dissed it. It is also highly raved about, so I just had to try it. This product is not cheap considering its found at the drugstore. I just don’t understand what it’s doing!! I literally notice no difference in my skin whatsoever. I will say that, it is a “glowing” tonic and I have combo/oily skin. I’m wondering if this works better on women with drier skin? I don’t know! All I know is that I will not be spending the money to purchase it again!
- Glam Glow Youthmud– I’m pretty positive I’ve mentioned this before. I’m gonna mention it again, so just hang with me. This little guy wasn’t horrible, I just don’t think its worth the price point. It has a lot of claims that I don’t plan on getting into (I’ll link it here). But I will say that I just didn’t notice any huge difference. The ONLY thing I liked about it was its exfoliating properties. When you would rinse it off it hurt like hell and even burned a little, but my skin always felt so soft afterwards. Not a terrible product, just not worth the moola if ya ask me!
- Jordana Moisturizing Balm Stain- Alright, I know this thing only cost me a whole $3, but its $3 I would’ve spent on something else, okay?! I was SO excited when I picked this up. The color just was screaming my name. I think I have about a dozen other lip product in this shade, but naturally, I had to have this one. My dreams began to shatter (dramatic much?) as I began to apply this on the lips. This thing is completely compacted with straight up GLITTER! It reminds me of those makeup kits I used to have as a kid. Hard pass on these guys..
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Eye Brightening Concealer- This was so inexpensive, but also the most disappointing to me. This thing has a list of 10 claims on the front saying that it will do. It says it’ll brighten, conceal, correct, softens wrinkles, diffuse shadows, reduce puffiness, etc. etc… You catch my drift? I felt like the makeup heavens opened up when I found this product. Well, as I’m sure you’ve already guessed (since it made this post) that it was NO good. It was so sheer with barely any pigment, and it just didn’t do a damn thing. Major whomp whomp whomp… Save your 6 bucks.
- Lorac PRO Matte Palette- I received a coupon in the mail from Kohl’s for $10 off of prestige beauty when spending $50. I couldn’t believe that deal, so I ran in there as soon as I could. I had been looking for an all matte palette for a while, so I figured this would be a good time to get one. I’ve always heard good things about Lorac shadows, so I didn’t think this would be an exception. I got home and started playing around with it and was instantly turned off by the quality. The shadows were extremely powdery and went EVERYWHERE when I would tap my brush in it. I was such a mess from these shadows, that I had to change my clothes. Not to mention, they didn’t blend that great either. It was just a mess to say the least.. I gave it another shot the next day and had the same issues. Can’t decide if I should give it another go, or just return it. Has anyone else had this problem with their shadows??
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Contouring Palette- Another product that I had high hopes for (sigh). The pigment on the contour color was way too light on my skin tone. The color of the contour shade was very cool toned. It was way too ashy of a color. The highlight color was your basic yellow toned powder. The major problem I had with these was the fall out and messiness of the powders. I would lightly tap my brush in the palette and powder went flying! Powder was all over my vanity, clothes, and floor. Not fun..
- e.l.f Blushes- I was SO excited when I saw these at my local Walmart. I’ve heard great things about these blushes, especially the shades I bought (Candid Coral & Mellow Mauve). Mellow Mauve had my name written all over it! There wasn’t any signs of glitter in them at all, which I was pleasantly surprised about.. So I had high hopes still. Then I went to apply them on my cheeks. I continued to apply, and then applied some more.. These did not show up on my skin. It’s like I had just swiped translucent powder on my face. I have never applied so much blush before.. Neither of these showed up! Major bummer..
Hopefully you guys and gals enjoyed this post! Let me know if you love or hate any of the ones I mentioned. I would love to get someone else’s thoughts.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!